Korean Black Bean Sauce Noodles
Preparation: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes.
• Your favourite style of fresh noodles for 6 people (Or you can use Udon Noodles or Singapore Noodles)
• 1 large onion
• 1 medium zucchini
• 2 large potatoes or golden kumara’s
• 7 large button mushrooms
• ¼ small cabbage
• 600g diced pork Marinade sauce for Pork
• 2 Tbsp rice wine (or Mirin)
• 5 sprinkles ground salt
• 5 sprinkles ground black pepper
• ¼ tsp ginger powder
• 250g Korean black bean paste (Chunjang)
• 2Tbsp of cooking oil – e.g. rice bran oil
• 2-3 Tbsp of brown sugar or Stevia
• 4 Tbsp rice wine (or Mirin)
• 1 cup chicken stock
• 1 cup water
• Starch water (Cornflour 5 Tbsp + water 4 Tbsp)
Decoration (All optional)
• Peas or sweet corn
• Hardboiled egg
1 Rinse the pork in cold water and pat it dry with kitchen paper. Pour the marinade sauce onto the pork. Mix them well and leave for 15 mins.
2 Cut the onion, zucchini and kumara/potato into small cubes.
3 Thin slice the mushrooms.
4 Cut the cabbage into small to medium size pieces.
Pre heat the wok until the bottom is well heated. add the butter or oil and stir in the black bean paste and stir constantly on a medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
Remove the paste and set aside.
Add the pork to the wok and 1/2 cook, add all the vegetables with a little water and cook for 3-5 minutes.
Add black bean sauce, chicken stock, water, sugar and rice wine. Cook for another 5min
Add starch water and stir.
Cook your noodles and place in serving bowl/plate
Put the black bean sauce on top of the noddles, add decoration items (if required).
Mix the noodles and sauce, eat and enjoy.